Thursday, September 16, 2010

Broken Glass

Hey all.. found some broken glass and started playing with it...






So after looking at the glass long enough and playing with angles and light I kinda started to see a cool analogy. Glass is created beautiful and its very useful for people today but it soon becomes smudged, scratched and broken and then simply thrown away. We are a little like glass... we are the perfect creation of an artist but we are sinful and and have faults and sooner or later we will lose favor with this world and eventually broken and replaced. But for us its not over... even when broken and humiliated, when we are shined on with the light from above we suddenly become unique and beautiful like the pictures of glass here and as long as we stay within the light our scars are still visible but everyone will also see the beauty of them and how God can even be seen through a pile of broken glass.




12 comments:

  1. Didn't your mommy ever teach you not to play with broken glass? :P jk

    Great post, Jer... you defined your new name really well in these pictures! Very original. :) And your analogy was also really good...thought provoking. Praise God for His grace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible photos. You have a good eye. I like the shadows from the glass in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... you're SO creative sir! These are truly beautiful shots - adore the bokeh.
    Lovely words to go along with 'em too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am astounded and I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, and an intense feeling in my heart that is indescribable. My son, I see the beauty and the wisdom you are portraying, and and the deep inspiration from the Creator of the whole universe flowing from you to anyone who sees and hears. You are unique and beautiful and God is glorified. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Jeremy...and I absolutely loved your reading your thoughts. And I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love there glass pictures! You inspire me. What kind of lighting did you use? I need to figure some lighting out. I always end up running around the house looking for lamps when I need indoor lighting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. thanks everyone! :)

    @Angela.. it was all natural light ;) the sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, Jeremy! Awesome angles and I love the words along with it! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!!! As always! Just wow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey your blog looks really cool on the iPad. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contact:
jer@clrangle.com
405-512-4098

Close

Wallpapers